The subcommittee was chartered in 1991 and has served to accelerate the dispersion of information and knowledge impacting electrical safety in the petroleum and chemical industry.
- Organizing the Safety General Session PCIC Conferences
- Was the organizing sponsor of the Electrical Safety Workshop
- Co-sponsoring an Electrical Safety Tutorial at the 1993 PCIC Conference
- Promoting awareness and participation in National Electrical Safety Month
- Supporting the National Electrical Safety Foundation
- Compilation of Electrical Safety Material Resources for the membership
- Promoting the sharing of case histories of electrical-related incidents
- Providing updates of regulations and standards – NFPA, OSHA, IEEE, API, etc.
- Providing “take away”, useful information in the Subcommittee Meeting agenda
Recent Papers / Presentations
- 2010 Arc Flash Hazards with Electric Fire Pump Installations
- Mitigating Electric Shock and Arc Flash Energy – A Total System Approach for Personnel and Equipment Protection
- 2009 NFPA 70E Changes
- Test Before Touch – Easier Said Than Done – Presented at the 2006 IEEE PCIC Conference in Philadelphia by Ken Crawford (Dupont), Kent Haggerty (Dupont)
- Improving Safety – Presentation Presented at the 2006 IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop