The subcommittee was chartered in 1991 and has served to accelerate the dispersion of information and knowledge impacting electrical safety in the petroleum and chemical industry.
- Organizing the Safety General Session PCIC Conferences
- Administering the PCIC Electrical Safety Excellence Award
- Was the organizing sponsor of the Electrical Safety Workshop
- Promoting awareness and participation in National Electrical Safety Month
- Supporting the National Electrical Safety Foundation
- Compilation of Electrical Safety Material Resources for the membership
- Promoting the sharing of case histories of electrical-related incidents
- Providing updates of regulations and standards – NFPA, OSHA, IEEE, API, etc.
- Providing “take away”, useful information in the Subcommittee Meeting agenda
Subcommittee Reports & Minutes
Historical Subcommittee Minutes and Reports can be found on the IEEE PCIC Safety Subcommittee Google Drive.