We are no longer accepting submissions for 2023 PCIC Conference in New Orleans.
Please check back after the fall annual conference for opportunity to submit for 2024 PCIC Conference in Orlando.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The PCIC is the premier conference for practicing electrical engineers and other professionals that deals with electrical installations in the oil and gas industry. It is highly regarded for providing top-quality papers on various relevant subjects aimed at the all-important electrical industry.
Abstracts are being requested on topics related to the practical application of new electrical technology, standards, equipment, and systems of interest in the petroleum and chemical industries within the scope of the PCIC Technical Subcommittees. All papers must be “PCIC Presentation First” as original works that have not been previously presented. Papers will be subject to thorough technical and peer reviews. Papers accepted will be published in the conference record. Papers deemed appropriate may be directed to the IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications or the IEEE Industry Applications Magazine for additional publication.
The following information must be included with all paper proposals:
- Complete all pertinent information on the abstract collection webpage.
- A maximum of four (4) authors per paper.
- Post your abstract using unformatted text. Copying and pasting bullets or other special formatting may result in a less than ideal presentation.
- Important Notice: An acknowledgement will be sent to confirm receipt of all proposals from this system. If you do not receive this communication, contact Paul Sullivan, PCIC Vice-Chair, Paul.B.Sullivan@ieee.org.
- Authors submit abstracts to Technical Program
Chair via the PCIC website………………………………………… until September 1, 2022
- PCIC notifies authors of acceptance status …………………..… October 15, 2022
- Authors submit finished paper for peer review ………………… February 1, 2023
- Authors submit final manuscripts for final check………………… April 7, 2023
For additional key dates for authors, see the Authors Resources page on the PCIC website.
Abstract interest polling by registered conference attendees this year will be performed prior to the Denver Conference via an online platform. After the interest levels are compiled, the General Subcommittee will select seven papers for the General program. The remaining abstracts will then be sent to the individual technical subcommittees based on the authors request for committee and topic prior to 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 27, 2022. At that Technical Subcommittee’s meeting, prospective authors are invited to speak to their abstract.
If the paper is accepted, at least one author must register & attend the conference in 2023 to present the paper. Other co-authors attending must also register for the conference.